Local Plan Update
RCC’s current Local Plan consists of the Core Strategy Development Plan Document (adopted July 2011), Site Allocations and Policies DPD (adopted October 2014), and Minerals Core Strategy and Development Control Policies (adopted October 2010). This covers the plan period of 2011 to 2026. The Local Plan Review is being undertaken to extend the plan period to 2036.
The timetable for the production of Rutland’s Local Plan is being reviewed so the implications of St George’s Barracks can be fully incorporated into a single planning document – setting out the vision for growth and development in our county right up to 2036.
The new Local Plan will also provide greater certainty on the local development process and proposed planning policies for Rutland. The preparation of a new Local Plan provides the opportunity for all our communities to help shape what Rutland will look like in the future.
Public consultation on specific aspects of Rutland’s latest Draft Local Plan is taking place from 13 August until 24 September 2018.
This additional round of informal consultation will consider the implications of potential development at St George’s Barracks and other sites that have been promoted for development since the Consultation Draft Local Plan was issued for public consultation.
There are two consultation documents on which to comment:
- Focused Changes to the Local Plan after including St George’s Barracks in the Plan
- Additional Sites put forward for possible development since the Consultation Draft Local Plan 2017
For more information about Rutland’s Local Plan Review and how to take part in this consultation, please visit: www.rutland.gov.uk/localplanreview
REVISED LOCAL PLAN TIMETABLE
1. IDENTIFY ISSUES AND COLLECT EVIDENCE
2. CONSULT ON ISSUES AND OPTIONS DOCUMENT – NOVEMBER 2015 TO JANUARY 2016
3. PREPARE CONSULTATIVE DRAFT LOCAL PLAN – UP TO JULY 2017
4. PUBLIC CONSULTATION ON CONSULTATIVE DRAFT LOCAL PLAN – AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2017